01-30-22-gymnastics-vs-yale-sara-kenefick-kylie-cooper

Sophomore Sara Kenefick competes on the beam during a meet against Yale at the Palestra on Jan. 30.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

After an exhilarating weekend in Gymnastics East Conference competition, Penn gymnastics defeated Yale in the Palestra 194.425-194.200, breaking the record for the highest home score in program history. 

Sophomore gymnast Sara Kenefick, in particular, had a strong showing, winning the all-around title with a total score of 38.975. 

Kenefick started the day off on the vault with a score of 9.800, only 0.025 below two of her teammates, sophomore Rose DeBarberie and freshman Isabel Song with a 9.825. 

Kenefick then participated in the uneven bars, which, despite being her lowest score of the day, was still a 9.600. 

Moving on to the beam, Kenefick notched the second-highest score on the team with a 9.750. 

To finish off the day, Kenefick led her team on the floor exercise with a 9.825. All members of the team whose scores counted toward the team total earned a 9.750 or better for their routines. 

Kenefick's 9.825 cemented her all-around title win, and, thanks to the rest of the strong performances by the Red and Blue, their win over Yale. 

The Quakers will compete against Cornell this Sunday at the Palestra at 1:00 p.m.