a0b688c0-54ea-4c0b-b216-19bfcf3a0889-sized-1000x1000

The United States Supreme Court will not hear the final challenge to Pennsylvania’s results in the 2020 presidential election. 

The United States Supreme Court announced this week that it will not hear the final challenge to Pennsylvania’s results in the 2020 presidential election.

On Monday, the Supreme Court decided not to hear the case Bognet v. Degraffenreid, which challenges the integrity of the 2020 election in Pennsylvania, Forbes reported. Jim Bognet, a conservative congressional candidate for Pennsylvania’s 8th district, brought the case to court, according to his website.

The suit argued that it was illegal for the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to extend the deadline for mail-in ballots to three days after the election in Pennsylvania, Forbes reported. Bognet further argued that only state legislatures can set state voting rules according to the Constitution.

The Supreme Court decided to send this case down to a lower appeals court and ordered the court to classify the case as moot, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported

The legal argument used in this case is similar to the one used by other Republicans in hopes of overturning the 2020 presidential election, Forbes reported. 64 cases brought to court by Republican plaintiffs alleging voter fraud have been either been lost or dismissed.

In November, a federal judge dismissed former President Donald Trump's lawsuit attempting to overturn Pennsylvania's election results.

This decision by the Supreme Court marks the end of the lawsuits pursued by the GOP to overturn the election,  Forbes reported. 

“Pennsylvanians can be proud of the work done in every county election office to ensure that every voter’s ballot was cast and counted fairly," Pennsylvania Department of State spokesperson Wanda Murren told the Inquirer.