mbb-aj-brodeur-jordan-dingle-ivy-awards

Freshman guard Jordan Dingle (left) and senior forward AJ Brodeur (right) earned Ivy League Rookie of the Year and co-Player of the Year, respectively.

The Ivy League announced its men's basketball postseason awards on Wednesday morning, and the Quakers earned their fair share.

Senior forward AJ Brodeur was named co-Player of the Year with Yale's Paul Atkinson and earned first team All-Ivy recognition, freshman guard Jordan Dingle was named Rookie of the Year, and senior guard Devon Goodman earned honorable mention All-Ivy.

Penn last swept the two main prizes in 1999-2000, with the awards going to Michael Jordan and Ugonna Onyekwe, respectively.

Brodeur's accolades capped off a remarkable career for the Red and Blue that saw him top the program record books in points, blocks, field goals made, games started, and games played. In last Saturday's win over Columbia, which was ultimately his final game as a Quaker due to the cancellation of the Ivy League Tournament, Brodeur topped Ernie Beck's 67-year-old team scoring record and recorded the first triple-double in Penn men's basketball history.

The veteran also outperformed his Ivy League opposition this season, finishing top four in the conference in points (17.3), rebounds (8.9), assists (5.2), blocks (1.8), field goal percentage (.504), and minutes played (34.6). The award is Brodeur's third consecutive unanimous first team recognition and makes him the first Player of the Year from Penn since Zack Rosen during the 2011-12 season.

The last time the Ivy League named two players for the award rather than a single winner was the 1992-93 season, when then-Penn sophomore and future men's basketball head coach Jerome Allen and Yale senior Buck Jenkins shared the honor.

Ever since the team's season-opening victory at Alabama, where Dingle scored 24 points and hit the game-winning shot, the freshman was poised for a breakout campaign.

He led all Ivy rookies in scoring with 13.5 points per game, good for 10th overall in the Ancient Eight, and will undoubtedly have a lasting impact on the team's success in his three years remaining at Penn. Dingle is Penn's first Rookie of the Year since Tyler Bernardini from 2007-08.

Goodman wrapped up his Penn career with his second straight All-Ivy recognition after finishing second on the team in points, averaging 13.6 per game. The senior was instrumental in the Red and Blue's late-season push to qualify for Ivy Madness, hitting double digits in 11 of the team's 14 conference games.