vroom-boom03
Credit: Alec Druggan

Vandalism:

March 23: On the 4000 block of Ludlow Street, at about 11 a.m., the complainant reported that his parked vehicle was damaged and had footprints on the hood, windshield, and roof.

Sex offense:

March 23: A confidential rape was reported. The incident took place on the 100 block of S. 39th Street. The situation was not a forced entry into a property, and the Philadelphia Police are investigating.

DUI:

March 23: On the 4200 block of Chestnut Street, at about 2:10 a.m., police responded to a car accident and found that the driver smelled of burnt marijuana. The driver also had bloodshot and glassy eyes, and was swaying. The 32-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Yvayna Hagains-Smith was arrested.

Disorderly conduct:

March 24: At the Starbucks at 3901 Walnut St., at around 9:19 p.m., the complainant reported that the suspect was disruptive to the business. He was yelling, gesturing emphatically, and acting in a disorderly manner. The 22-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Maurice Carter was arrested.

Narcotic:

March 28: On the 3900 block of Pine Street, at around 10:53 p.m., a parked car was emitting a strong odor of burnt marijuana. Upon investigation, the occupants were found to be in possession of illegal narcotics. The unaffiliated male suspects, 31-year-old Quintel Coles and 28-year-old Quinzelle Coles, were arrested.

Theft:

March 24: At the Palestra, at about 11 p.m., the complainant reported that someone stole their belongings from an unsecured location in the locker room.

March 25: At the Penn Bookstore, at about 7:26 p.m., the complainant reported an unknown suspect removed merchandise and left the premises without paying.

March 25: At the Graduate Student Center, at about 11:45 a.m., the complainant reported that their jacket was missing from the staff-only area.

March 26: At Williams Hall, at about 12 p.m., the complainant reported that his unattended laptop was missing.

March 26: At the CVS located at 39th and Walnut Streets, at about 2:54 p.m., the complainant reported a suspect removed merchandise from shelves and left the premises without paying. On March 27, at about 7:13 a.m., store personnel observed the suspect removed merchandise from shelves and left the premises without paying.

March 27: At Claire M. Fagin Hall, 3:13 p.m., the complainant reported an attempt was made to place fraudulent charges on their credit card. On March 28, at about 11 a.m., the complainant reported cash missing from her unsecured desk.