wynn-macau-resort

Wynn Resorts Ltd. ignored complaints of sexual harassment against 1963 College graduate Steve Wynn for more than a decade. (Photo by WiNG | CC BY 3.0)

A Nevada gambling regulator's report alleges several executive members of Wynn Resorts Ltd. ignored complaints of sexual harassment against 1963 College graduate Steve Wynn for more than a decade, the Wall Street Journal reported

The report, released on Monday by the Nevada Gaming Control Board, is the first regulatory action taken against Wynn's casino company since Wynn was first accused of sexual misconduct in January 2018. The report coincides with the end of Wynn Resorts' own internal investigation, which reached the same conclusion.

Wynn, a Penn donor, alumnus, and former member of Penn's Board of Trustees, faced accusations after the Wall Street Journal released a report with dozens of employees alleging the mogul of sexual misconduct. Wynn stepped down as CEO of Wynn Resorts on Feb. 6 but continues to deny the allegations.

In response to the allegations against Wynn, Penn rescinded his honorary Doctor of Law in February 2018. The University also removed Wynn's name from the former 'Wynn Commons,' which was named to honor a $7.5 million donation Wynn made to the University in 1995.  

In the regulator's report, former employees of Wynn Resorts said when they came forward with complaints against Wynn, executives did not follow the proper procedures for reporting and investigating them.

One woman, a former manicurist who accused Wynn of raping and impregnating her, said she told several employees about the incident. Another woman, a former cocktail server, revealed in the regulator's report that she was paid $975,000 in return for settling her claim of sexual coercion. Three additional women also accused Wynn of sexually harassing them in 2014 during massage appointments, and a fourth accused him of sexual harassing her during a flight. 

The report was released with a settlement where Wynn Resorts agreed to pay any fine as long as they could maintain their licenses to operate Las Vegas casinos. 

"[Our executives] fell short of their culture and commitment in perhaps one of the most important areas for an employer—focusing on its employees," Wynn Resorts said in the statement.