Chapterhouse(CarolineGibson)EDITED2
Credit: Caroline Gibson

Coffee addicts rejoice: Philadelphia is the 14th best city for a cup of coffee in America, according to a new ranking by personal finance website WalletHub. 

WalletHub looked at 14 key metrics in 100 of the largest cities in the U.S., including average price per pack of coffee, coffee shops per capita, share of coffee drinkers, and average spending on coffee per household. Other metrics that went into the analysis included “coffee lovers” meetups per capita and presence of coffee-centric events. 

Among the highest ranking cities, New York topped WalletHub’s list in first place. Seattle — the headquarters of coffee giant Starbucks — came in second, followed by San Francisco. All three coffee-centric cities likewise made the top five in the most affordable coffee shops, coffee houses, and cafes per capita category.

Philadelphia also ranked No. 3 in most donut shops per capita.

Philadelphia has taken home other food accolades in the past, ranking as the fourth friendliest city for food truck vendors earlier this year, according to a project by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. However, the city was also ranked the least healthy county in Pennsylvania in another report that used healthy food as one of the criteria. 

Penn students in particular seem to love coffee: a 2017 ranking by Grubhub found that they order 73 percent more caffeinated beverages than other schools. The University also has an official Coffee Club for students to bond over their love of the popular beverage. Furthermore, the Penn Museum held a coffee-centric event last year that attracted a number of student coffee fanatics.