34d97d42-b623-4bd4-9491-dc89cda9cadd.sized-1000x1000
Credit: Zach Sheldon

U.S. News and World Report has released the 2019 Best Graduate Schools, and despite earning top spots once again, many of Penn’s graduate schools have fallen in the rankings. 

Wharton fell two spots, coming in third out of MBA programs, behind Harvard University's Business School and University of Chicago Booth School of Business, which tied for first. 

In the 2018 rankings, Wharton tied for first with Harvard. 

This is the first time that Booth has secured the number one spot, edging Wharton out of the spot because of its “strong placement data,” Chief Data Strategist for U.S. News, Robert Morse said in a statement. 

U.S. News selected the top MBA programs based on a variety of factors, including starting salaries, employment rates, and recruiter assessment. 

Nursing fell one spot since last year, coming in fourth on the Nursing Masters program ranking. On the QS University Rankings, however, Penn Nursing has lead the field, coming in first for the past three years. 

Similarly, Penn’s Graduate School of Education fell one spot to tie for fourth place with Stanford University. 

Penn's Perelman School of Medicine also dropped one spot in the research category, tying Mayo Clinic School of Medicine at number six. This differs from the medical school primary care ranking, which focuses more on quality assessment by one’s peers and residency directors rather than research, in which Medical School came in eighth once again. 

Of the major categories, Penn’s graduate school of engineering is ranked lowest at number 18.