MBBHalftime_Foreman

In his final game at the Palestra, senior guard Darnell Foreman exploded for a 19 point first half, missing only one shot in 19 minutes. 

Buckle your seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen. This is looking like one for the books.

In the championship game of the Ivy League men’s basketball tournament, No. 2 Penn and No. 1 Harvard are locked in an incredible battle midway through the contest. Penn trailed by as many as 13 points after allowing the Crimson to go on a 16-0 run over a seven-minute period, but the Quakers have responded with their own 13-0 burst to end the half. Finishing the period with an NBA-range Darnell Foreman three-pointer with two seconds left, the Red and Blue have a 34-32 edge going into the halftime break.

Foreman has been the story all half long for Penn (23-6, 12-2 Ivy) with 19 points so far. In potentially his final career game, the senior guard slashes to the rim time and time again to score 11 of Penn’s first 13 points, helping the Quakers to an early 13-10 edge.

Soon after that came Harvard’s run — one where the Quakers were as aggressive as usual attacking the rim but couldn’t get anything to fall. But immediately after Harvard (18-12, 12-2) finished its burst, Penn came back with one of its own. Brodeur started things off with four quick points, and then the rest was the Foreman show, with the senior scoring eight points in the final three minutes of the half to send the Palestra crowd into mayhem and give Penn a lead that seemed impossible only minutes prior.

With 20 minutes left in this battle for an automatic March Madness sport, it seems that anything can happen between two remarkably evenly matched teams. 

Continue to follow along on @Dailypennsports Twitter the rest of the way — this is one fans won’t want to miss out on.

Credit: Lucy Ferry