is-stat-so-dominant
Credit: Julia Schorr

In this week's edition of Is Stat So?, we look at several individual and team records that were broken this weekend, as well as a few key numbers that allowed men's squash and women's basketball to emerge victorious.

Threes made by Penn men’s basketball’s sophomore AJ Brodeur against Columbia on Saturday, a new career high. Before the game, the forward had only seven threes on the season, and no more than three in a game.

Years that women's indoor track's 4x400-meter relay record had stood before Breanne Bygrave, Uchechi Nwogwugwu, Caroline O'Neil and Elena Brown-Soler broke it this weekend at the Navy Invitational. The team's time of 3:44.24 was more than a second faster than the previous record, and it's the fastest time in school history in either indoor or outdoor meets.

Match points fought off by Penn men’s squash’s freshman Andrew Douglas against Rochester’s Ashley Davies. Penn’s No. 1 player later secured an 13-11 victory in the final game, giving the No. 5 Quakers a 5-4 win over the No. 6 team in the nation. 

Penn women’s basketball’s rebound advantage over Columbia in Saturday's 70-51 win. The Quakers used the size of senior forward Michelle Nwokedi and freshman center Eleah Parker to dominate down low and dictate the pace of play on both sides of the ball.

Years since Penn gymnastics finished with a lower vault score than it did with Sunday's 46.175-point effort at the Lindsay Ferris Invitational. Though the Quakers were solid in all other events, their vault performance — which was at least 1.925 points lower than any other team — forced Penn into a last-place finish in the meet.