genske

With only two games remaining in the year, Penn volleyball is looking to conclude their season in style.

After coming off a turbulent weekend, the Quakers (8-15, 5-7 Ivy) are looking to regain their stride tomorrow evening against Brown in Providence before facing Yale on Saturday. Though they escaped with an impressive win back in October against the Bears, coach Kerry Carr has been inspiring her players to remain focused on the upcoming match.

“We know how much better we are than the first time we played them,” Carr said. “This will be a great opportunity to show that and redeem ourselves.”

The Quakers collected an impressive win this past weekend in a straight sets win over Dartmouth before falling to Harvard the following evening. Despite the split results, the team is motivated to end their season with a bang.

Brown (11-13, 6-6 Ivy) will be looking for redemption after falling to the Quakers in the Palestra. Penn escaped with a 15-11 victory in the fifth set at home the last time they met.

If Carr's team showcases their improvement since last weekend, the Quakers should collect a convincing win on the road before continuing their campaign to New Haven.

The Red and Blue will be relying on their high-flying duo of Alexis Genske and Alex Caldwell as they go to battle in enemy territory. The pair of juniors has contributed detrimental blows to their opposition all year long; the Quakers will need their shot-making to trounce the Bears once more.

When asked about the keys to this weekend's success, Coach Carr reiterated the importance of her team's instrumental team chemistry and unselfish play.

“I've said it since the first day of practice this week it's all about passing and serving. When they've won, they've passed and served well. If we can do that, the rest will take care of itself.”

The weekend will be bittersweet for the seniors on the team as they compete for the last time. However, if the Quakers find their groove early on, they will have plenty to be proud of in the end.