“Don’t be afraid to admit you’re not good at something,” said College senior Gabriel Jimenez, offering his words of wisdom to new Penn freshmen.

A Tuesday panel sponsored by the College Dean’s Advisory Board featured four seniors spilling their advice for incoming students as a part of a series called “Retrospect: Penn Seniors Tell All,” the last of which will be held at King’s Court English College House on Oct. 6.

The panelists used their lists of regrets to give their best advice to the fresh legs on Locust Walk, telling students how to make the most out of their time at Penn. The variety of wishes included “going out and exploring more,” “taking classes because you want to take classes” and being sure to enjoy “little, fleeting happy moments.”

The panelists particularly focused on the balance between extracurricular clubs and schoolwork.

The seniors agreed that concentrating in particular clubs was important to avoid the stress of being overcommitted, whether that entailed being slower to join clubs or leaving clubs that were less satisfying.

Another common thread emerged among the panelists when discussing both Greek Life and extracurricular clubs: It is critical to find a Penn group that will serve as a surrogate family.

“As long as you like the people, that itself will form a mini-community for you,” College and Wharton senior Ajay Shroff, one of the panelists, said.