houston

While the results of freshman class elections were announced on Friday night — with no Fair Practices Code violations filed against any candidate — one race still remains to be decided: that of Wharton class chair on the 2018 Class Board.

and Rehan Ayrton tied at 68 votes for Wharton class chair, according to election results posted by the Nominations & Elections Committee. A runoff between the two candidates will be held between Sept. 21 at 12 a.m. and Sept. 23 at 12 p.m.  Newly elected Class Board and Undergraduate Assembly members are not permitted to endorse either candidate.

of the positions filled on Friday night will be held by women, although women made up only 30 percent of all freshman candidates this fall.

College freshman  Vadim Ordovsky-Tanaevsky, with 338 votes, will be president of the 2018 Class Board.  He will be joined by Executive Vice President and fellow College freshman Jeremy Falk, who narrowly won his position by a 27-vote margin.

This year saw one of the highest freshman voter turnouts, with 71 percent of the freshman class voting in elections. Last year, the voter turnout was 72 percent.