Jazz & Grooves, a subdivision of the Social Planning and Events Committee, announced its lineup of performers for its upcoming show. 

The performers, who will be playing at the ARCH at 9:00 p.m. on March 28 for $5 per ticket in advance or $10 at the door, include the “dreamlike” electronic artist Blackedout, “'80s-inspired dance pop” remix artist Com Truise and “digital psychedelic funk” headliner Tobacco, Engineering senior Irene Jadic, director of Jazz & Grooves, said in an emailed statement.

“We try to find [artists] who aren’t really well known so we can expose them to people,” Jazz & Grooves member and College sophomore Matt Triano said. Last year, the group brought music instrumentalist, producer and DJ Flume to campus for their March event, and the artist made it big later on, Triano added. He predicts Com Truise might rise to similar heights, since his remixes of popular songs are easy to recognize.

With this all-DJ lineup , the group hopes to accomplish a “chill” vibe, Triano said. He added that students can “expect more upbeat, Fling appropriate bands,” to be announced later on for the the Fling concert.

Some students felt mixed about the lesser-known selections.

“I was disappointed because it was not producer Mr. Carmack,” Engineering freshman Varun Venkatesh said. He said he’d heard rumors that this artist would be the headliner.

Others are excited to hear a favorite artist. “As a Com Truise listener, I think he’s very energetic, very funky,” Engineering freshman Young Shin said. “It kind of reminds me of music that belongs in a spaceship.”

Shin recognized Jazz & Groove’s goal of broadening student’s playlists. “This show brings a wide spectrum of EDM music: electro, mellow and trippy,” he added.