Harvard University

A Harvard Graduate has developed an app call SchoolLife designed to reduce bullying in the classroom. The 3-D game creates a simulation where players assume the role of bullying victims and bystanders. SchoolLife is the first application of what will be a larger series including games called RestaurantLife and OfficeLife. The game has won the 2013 Harvard Education Innovation Contest, as well as a $150,000 grant from the National Science Foundation. The creators, Geoff Martin and Jeff Orkin, hope that the game will help to improve social relationships in schools. 

Dartmouth University

Thursday morning, the jury began deliberating upon the trial of sophomore Parker Gilpert who was accused of rape. Gilpert's attorney, Robert Cary, argued that what happened was 'drunken, awkward college sex...it wasn't sexual assault, it wasn't rape." Gilpert's defense argued that there were several inconsistencies within the victim's — whose name Dartmouth would not reveal — testimony. The jury must now determine whether Gilpert, who is from London, is quilty without a reasonable doubt.

Cornell University

Cornell graduate and father Howard Ginsburg is in the process of filing a lawsuits against Cornell for alleged negligence of his son, Bradley Ginsburg, that eventually led to his son's suicide. The younger Ginsburg, who jumped off the Thurston Avenue Bridge, was one in a string of suicides that led to the installation of nets on bridges around campus. 27 people have committed suicid between 1990 and 2010 on or near Cornell's campus.