The Undergraduate Assembly focused on student safety and online technological services at its weekly meeting Sunday night.

College representative and senior Mo Shahin, who spearheaded the safety discussion, suggested that a more formal program be implemented on which areas of Philadelphia are safe for students.

The body discussed whether to just target incoming students, and what type of form and medium the program would take. A popular idea was to look at New Student Orientation programs and to team with the Office of Student Affairs.

Shahin approached Division of Public Safety Vice President Maureen Rush, who he said encouraged the project.

The UA also talked about possible online technological services that students would like to see in the coming years — the Council of Undergraduate Deans requested that the UA and the Student Committee on Undergraduate Education work to prioritize different services.

Popular ideas included working on a Penn InTouch database of class requirements, improving the academic planning worksheet function and revitalizing Blackboard where possible. UA Academic Affairs Director and Wharton junior Faye Cheng explained that the top five or six ideas will be presented at the University Council meeting next month.

The body also looked at ways to delay the pass/fail deadline and perceived shortcomings of the Critical Writing Program.

UA President and College senior Matt Amalfitano updated the body on planned improvements to the newly renovated 1920 Commons basement — tentatively named the “Late Night” — including bringing in new furniture next week and possibly hiring a work-study student to manage the space.

He also said the Council of Undergraduate Deans is considering pushing Hey Day into reading days so as to dodge Good Friday, which would coincide with Hey Day this year.