It was an emotionally charged, double-edged weekend for the Penn women’s soccer team as they took to the road.

The Quakers targeted Cornell in a resounding 3-0 shutout victory in Ithaca, N.Y., Friday, and continue to boast an undefeated Ivy League record. However, Penn suffered a shutout two days later against a relentless Army squad.

Against the Big Red (4-5-0, 0-2-0 Ivy), Penn (5-5-0, 2-0-0) advanced within the Ancient Eight, while marching across the record books as well.

Senior midfielder Sarah Friedman completed her 26th career assist to Theresa Yankovich, successfully overtaking a six-year old career assists record.

Friedman topped off the performance with a goal of her own, as did Kerry Scalora, who capitalized on an unsuccessful clear by Cornell.

Goalkeeper Caroline Williams held up her end with four stops, aided by a solid Penn defense that limited the Big Red to just four shots on goal.

Sunday afternoon did not prove to be as fruitful for the Quakers. Penn journeyed to West Point, N.Y., where the squad fell victim to Army (10-3) in the Black Knights’ 10th shutout of the season.

Army striker Kim An was credited with the game’s only goal in the 25th minute, after careening a header off the crossbar and narrowly into the back of the net.

Though the Red and Blue tried to recover in the second half by outshooting Army, 12-4, Penn only managed two shots on goal. While Williams may have earned the loss, she still racked up six saves.