Wharton sophomore Hunter Horsley resigned late Friday afternoon from his position as an Undergraduate Assembly Wharton representative.

This marks the second UA resignation in a week, after College sophomore Michael Levenstein resigned last Monday.

“Hunter resigned for reasons similar to Michael’s — his preferences and priorities shifted over the summer,” UA Speaker and Wharton and Nursing senior G.J. Melendez-Torres wrote in an e-mail, adding that as the semester progresses, “it becomes increasingly difficult to integrate new members.”

A replacement will be selected based on election results from the spring 2010 race for Wharton representative.

“While we are obviously all saddened to see Hunter leave us, the strength of his character definitely came through in that he acted before it would become hard to bring in a new member,” Melendez-Torres wrote.

“All I have to say is that though I will no longer be involved with the UA, I had a great experience, am optimistic about the function of the organization, and excited about what I believe will be a fantastic year with the new leadership and body,” Horsley wrote in an e-mail.