In notable fashion, the Penn women’s track and field team captured the Princeton Quad meet title this Saturday in Princeton, N.J.

This was the Quakers’ first win in the annual meet against Princeton and Yale since 2006 — a remarkable feat considering that Princeton is both the reigning indoor and outdoor heptagonal champions.

Penn edged out the Tigers by six points, 89-83. Yale was a distant third with 25 points.

The Quakers found great success in the field events, with senior Kathryn Gevitz and sophomore Catherine Okoukoni going one-two in both the triple jump and the long jump.

Despite fouling twice, freshman Morgan Wheeler won the javelin with a toss of 35.19 meters while senior Yelizaveta Lozovatskaya placed first in the pole vault.

On the track, the Quakers won seven of the ten events, two of which came from sophomore Paige Madison, who took first in both the 100-meter and 400-meter hurdles.

Senior Anna Aagenes won the 1,500 meters in 4:24.32, beating her closest competitor, Princeton’s Alex Banfich, by a little more than half a second. She now has the second best performance for a Quaker in this event in the program’s history.

The Penn men’s track and field team also competed in Princeton over the weekend, racing the Tigers, Villanova and Rutgers in an unscored quad meet.

Senior Jeremy Sinclair won both hurdles events, finishing in 14.87 in the 110-meters, and 53.30 in the 400-meters. With a time of 8:29.25, junior Luke Grau captured the 3000 meters’ title.

The Quakers’ only other win came in the 4x100 relay. The quartet consisting of freshmen Michael Brown, Patrick Foley, Tim Carey and junior Alan Hill finished in 42.07.