The Penn men’s and women’s track and field teams crossed the finish line of their indoor seasons when they traveled to Boston March 6-7 for their championship meets.

The men finished the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America (IC4A) Championships tied for 33rd place among 52 teams, ranking third among the five Ivy League teams competing.

The Quakers scored in two events. The 4x800 relay team finished in fourth place in the event with a time of 7:30.57. The team, which scored five points for the Quakers, was just .27 seconds shy of breaking a 33-year-old school record.

The distance medley relay placed sixth, finishing in 9:59.60. Their finish was third among Ivy competitors, with Harvard earning first place in the event with a time of 9:44.18 and Brown coming in fifth.

While the men competed in the IC4As, the Penn women’s track and field team raced in the Eastern College Athletic Conference championships.

The Red and Blue finished 16th among 52 teams, making this year’s finish the team’s best since placing ninth in 2006.

In the 500 meters, senior Jamie Massarelli finished first with a time of 1:12.68. Massarelli is the only Quaker to win an individual title since Jesse Carlin in 2006.

Fellow classmates Kathryn Gevitz and Yelizaveta Lozovatskaya also scored in their respective events. Gevitz scored a leap of 11.96 meters in the triple jump, placing seventh. Lozovatskaya placed seventh in the pole vault, clearing the bar at 3.55 meters.

In the 60 meters, sophomore Leah Brown placed eighth with a time of 7.73, while the 4x800 relay team posted a season-best time in their event, finishing in 9:03.23.