While there is no ‘I’ in team, for men’s track this weekend it’s all about the individual.

On Saturday, several Quakers will begin competition in the 2010 IC4A Championships, the first meet of the postseason, in which only select athletes will compete.

The two-day event will be hosted by Boston University.

In order to qualify, the men had to reach specific benchmarks which vary based on the event.

The IC4A meet will serve as the last chance for athletes to make cutoffs for NCAA Championships, the culminating event of the season.

Freshman Tim Carey will be among the many Quakers competing this weekend.

The Sewell, N.J., native was recently named first-team All-Ivy, the only member of the Red and Blue to earn All-Ivy honors.

His time last Sunday in the 60-meter hurdles at the 2010 Heptagonal Indoor Championships, in which he set a personal collegiate best with his first place finish of 8.22, earned him the distinction.

In addition to the 60-meter hurdles, Carey will also be competing in the 400 and 500 meter races this weekend.

He will be joined by senior Jeremy Sinclair, who finished third in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.25.

Last year, highlights for the Red and Blue at IC4As included a career best finish for current junior Luke Grau in the 5,000 meters, which was good for fourth on Penn’s all-time record list.

After a disappointing team finish at Heps, the Quakers will have a golden opportunity this weekend to make a statement heading into the outdoor season.