Penn senior wrestlers Cesar Grajales and Matt Dragon are on the injury report once again as the Quakers travel across the state Saturday to take on No. 23 ranked Pittsburgh.

Dragon, ranked No. 16 in the 157-pound weightclass, was questionable going into last weekend’s dual against Virginia, and was eventually held out by coach Rob Eiter.

Dragon’s right shoulder has been a career-long concern after he originally injured it in a match against Virginia two years ago. He sat out the entire 2007-08 season with the injury, and has been on and off the mat ever since. He did, however, wrestle versus Birmingham and Rider the weekend before the UVA dual.

“Dragon we weren’t going to wrestle anyway” because his opponent at UVA would have been No. 15 Danny Gonsor, the same wrestler who originally injured him, Eiter said. “He’s got a bad shoulder and the Virginia kid is very good on top. When you’re playing into somebody’s best position and you’re hurt …it was too soon to bring him back.”

Dragon remains a possibility to wrestle this Sunday, but Eiter made it clear that there would be a multitude of things factoring into that decision, even if Dragon appears healthy.

“I have to be careful with when they come back on who they come back against,” Eiter said.

“Matt’s more on a day-to-day thing, it really depends on the matchup.”

Grajales, who is also nationally ranked — No. 9 in the 149-pound weightclass — has been out for weeks since he injured his right knee in the final round of the Southern Scuffle over Christmas break.

Though Grajales is also a possibility for this coming weekend, his return is less likely.

“Cesar’s going to be traveling with us this weekend but I’m really expecting him to be back for next week,” Eiter said.

Eiter also reasoned that the team needed a healthy Grajales for the remainder of the season rather than an injured version for the Pittsburgh matchup.

So for Quakers fans who want to see the two senior captains back, they’re almost certainly going to have to wait at least another weekend.