It has been a milestone year for The Daily Pennsylvanian.

This past October, the campus publication celebrated its 125th anniversary. For a weekend, members of the 125th board of editors and managers were reminded of their organization’s rich history as they mingled with nine decades of DP and 34th Street Magazine alumni. Moreover, they were reminded of just how much of an honor it is to serve their organization.

So it is with heavy hearts that the editors and managers of the 125th board transfer power to new leadership.

Tomorrow evening, the DP will celebrate the official transfer of power to a new board at the annual DP banquet. The event will be held at the Inn at Penn with hundreds of staff members in attendance.

Executive Vice President Craig Carnaroli will open the event with remarks on Penn and the DP. Later in the evening, as the outgoing executive editor, I will lead the staff in honoring General Manager Eric Jacobs’ 30 years of the service to the organization, first as managing editor and then as the head of the professional staff.

Rachel Baye, a College junior from Marietta, Ga., will be inaugurated as the next executive editor. After serving as a reporter and photographer, Baye was elected campus news editor of the 125th board. Next year, her overarching goals include expanding the DP’s online presence to make thedp.com “a place you go to throughout the day, multiple times a day” and reconnecting with students.

“I hope to help the DP become a bigger presence on campus,” she said. “If students are there, we’re going to be there.”

***

Sam Sharf, a College sophomore from Long Island, will assume the command of the editorial production of the DP and thedp.com as the next managing editor. She previously served as a design editor.

Naomi Jagoda, a College junior from Westchester County, N.Y., will take over as editorial page editor and manage all DP opinion content.

Noah Rosenstein, a College junior from Hollywood, Fla., will manage the DP’s web presence on thedp.com, Facebook and Twitter as the new online managing editor.

Sarah Beth McKay, a College junior from Atlanta, Ga., will be inaugurated onto her third DP board. She will be the new editor-in-chief of 34th Street and oversee all content of the magazine and its blog, Under The Button.

She will be joined by incoming Street editors Raya Jalabi, and Kendall Haupt and UTB editor Hillary Reinsberg.

The other incoming DP editors are Liz Gormisky, Darina Shtrakhman, Jared McDonald, Dana Vogel, Michael Gold, Calder Silcox, Lauren Plotnick, Heidi Scherz, Will Korchek, Maanvi Singh, Pete Lodato, Katie Rubin, Unnati Dass, Liz Jacobs and Zach Wasserman.

Kristina Lee, a College junior from Cincinnati, will manage the financial operations of the independent corporation as the next business manager.

The other incoming business managers are Julia Qiu, Reid Simon, Jon Christman, Ellen Yusti and Dana Tom.

*This article was edited at 8:20 on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010. The article originally incorrectly stated that Kristina Lee was a Wharton student.