At the Undergraduate Assembly’s meeting on Sunday, the body funded two initiatives and passed the Student Representation Resolution.

The body also considered two discussion papers. The first was about the possibility of including HBO or Showtime on Penn Video Network.

The cost would be roughly $32,000 to $48,000 per month for a “bulk” delivery to the entire campus, or $4 to $6 per month per student.

The discussion paper aimed to gauge whether the body believed students would be interested in the initiative and how it would acquire funding.

Some members believed the question should be put to the student body. Others voiced the opinion that the money needed to deliver the channels would be better spent elsewhere. Still others had doubts that students would want to pay for this service out-of-pocket if necessary.

Next, The New York Times sponsorship program was discussed. The New York Times gave $2,500 to the UA to give to a student organization.

The tentative proposal discussed was to give the grant to the Penn Publications Cooperative to use as an award for excellence and innovation in publication for one of their member groups.

If the money were used this way, an objective criteria for the competition would also need to be created.

The UA and Fisher-Hassenfeld College House must select a New York Times speaker for next semester. Members voiced different opinions on who should be chosen.

The Student Representative Resolution — aimed at ensuring that representatives on University committees are effective, supported by the Assemblies and appointed so as to reflect the diversity of undergraduate leadership — was authored by UA vice chairman for external affairs and College junior Matt Amalfitano.

The enactments, based on the goals of the resolution, were suggestions made directly to the University President, Provost and Board of Trustees.

The resolution was passed unanimously.

A contingency funding request was also made by the Nominations and Elections Committee asking for $653.22 to publicize the referendum proposing a change to the UA elections process.

The NEC hoped to encourage students to vote using posters, flyers and an ad in The Daily Pennsylvanian.

The main objection to the request was whether using $500 to pay for ad space was fiscally responsible. However, the body eventually voted to fund the NEC’s efforts.

Addtionally, a UA initiative requested funding to place two recycling bins in every room in Fisher-Hassenfeld. The program would gauge whether student recycling habits improved upon having the bins.

The body voted in favor of providing $3,350 in funds for the initiative.