Entering Saturday’s matchup with No. 19 Holy Cross, Brown kicker Patrick Rooney only had one game of JV experience.

But with just a few seconds remaining, the junior was called upon to hit a potentially game-winning 34-yard field goal.

With unexpected composure, Rooney nailed the kick with four seconds left to give the Bears a 34-31 upset victory over the Crusaders.

“Patrick has ice in his veins,” coach Phil Estes told Brown Athletics. “He wasn’t a recruited kicker, but we told him before the game that he had to be ready. I didn’t hesitate to use him.”

The contest was billed as a high-scoring passing frenzy, and that’s exactly how it played out. The Crusaders (4-1) had 411 passing yards, but it was quarterback Kyle Newhall of Brown (2-2, 0-1 Ivy) who stole the show with his Ivy record 46 completions.

“We wanted to be better than Holy Cross on this day,” Estes said. “This is a great team win for us.”

Harvard 28 Cornell 10

With Tim Murphy sitting at 99 victories as Harvard’s coach, the game against Cornell Saturday was going to be important regardless of its implications for the season.

Add the fact that both teams were undefeated in the Ivies, and the Crimson’s 28-10 win in Ithaca, N.Y., is all the sweeter.

“We responded with a lot of grit and found a way to finish a very, very tough, aggressive, hard-nosed Cornell football team,” Murphy said during the postgame press conference.

Harvard (3-1, 2-0) leaned heavily on its rushing attack. Led by junior Gino Gordon and freshman Treavor Scales, the ground game combined for 251 yards and four touchdowns.

Meanwhile, the Big Red (2-2, 1-1) mustered only 62 rushing yards.

“There’s no doubt who was the better team on the field; that was Harvard,” Big Red coach Jim Knowles said.

Col. 21 Lafayette 24

Coming off a very impressive 38-0 shutout of Princeton, Columbia was soaring high after a solid 21-10 first half against Lafayette.

But then things fell apart.

The Lions never scored again and the Leopards protected their home field when Maurice White scored the go-ahead touchdown on a two-yard run with 13 seconds left.

“Their defense outplayed our offense in the second half,” Columbia coach Norries Wilson told Columbia Athletics. “We … never got down far enough in their end to attempt a field goal.”

It wasn’t all bad for the Lions (2-2, 1-0). Senior receiver Austin Knowlin had five receptions, giving him 180 for his career. That broke Columbia’s record of 176 set by Don Lewis.

Lafayette (4-1) has now won three-straight games over Ivy opponents (Penn and Yale were the first two) but will perhaps have its toughest League foe Saturday, when it squares off against Harvard in Boston.

Dartmouth 7 Yale 38

Looking to snap a 15-game losing streak, Dartmouth was dealt a huge blow early on in the second quarter against Yale.

Just two minutes into the second frame senior quarterback Alex Jenny dislocated his elbow. He was 3-for-6 with 31 yards up to that point.

Crippled without their leader, the Big Green (0-4, 0-2) only managed 127 yards and dropped their 16th straight game, this time 38-7 to the Bulldogs.

Jenny’s replacement, Conner Kempe, went just 6-for-12 and had 37 yards, though he did pass for the Big Green’s only score.

Yale (2-2, 1-1), meanwhile, won its second in a row and extended its streak over Dartmouth to seven.