The range of talents and interests of Penn's 10,000 undergraduates is most evident when you walk down Locust Walk. With each trip across campus, you are bombarded with flyers and information about every event on campus, every charity drive and every meeting that week. And each of these group represents only a small fraction of the student body.

To help get an idea of the groups, hit Locust Walk for the Student Activities Fair on September 8 from 12-4 p.m. Some of the many groups that will be represented there:

Arts The Performing Arts Council oversees more than 40 student-run performance arts organizations and puts on over 60 performances a year. With 14 dance troops, eight theater groups, 16 a cappella /singing groups, six music groups and three comedy groups, there's something for every kind of performing artist.

If you're interested in joining performance arts or just want to see what Penn's groups have to offer, check out the Freshman Performing Arts Night on Sept. 12 at Zellerbach Theater.

For those who came to Penn with their beloved saxophone or guitar in tow, groups like the Penn Symphony Orchestra and Penn Jazz Ensemble might be the perfect place to showcase talent.

The writers and literary-minded students of Penn will find their niche at the Kelly Writers House (3805 Locust Walk). KWH hosts readings and workshops and publishes journals devoted to creative writing. Students are invited to stop by throughout the year.

Community Service The Civic House (3914 Locust Walk) is the central hub for community service at Penn. At the House, you can learn more about the many student volunteers that coordinate volunteer programs on campus and in the city, like the West Philadelphia Tutoring Project.

Intramural sports For the average Penn student not looking for the commitment of varsity sports, intramurals are a great way to get your athletic fix. Sponsored by the Residential Advisory board, each college house competes in sports like flag football and volleyball. Students can create house teams or join existing ones at Pottruck gym.

Politics

The political clubs on campus may be where you want to spend much of your time. The Penn Democrats is one of Penn's largest student groups, with over 2,000 members. College Republicans organize the conservative vote on campus. Penn Leads the Vote is a non-partisan group sponsored by the Fox Leadership Center that works to get out the vote during elections.

For more information on all of these groups, check out the Student Activities Fair or the Web site of the Office of Student Life at vpul.upenn.edu/osl.