1fsddi95
UA Chair Candidates sit down for interviews. Credit: Alex Remnick

Over two weeks after student government elections came and went, the transition process is not yet over.

On Wednesday night, the Undergraduate Assembly will hold its annual internal elections to select members from the 2009-2010 UA body to fill the group's five executive offices.

The positions include UA chair, executive vice chair, vice chair of external affairs, treasurer and secretary.

Vying for UA chair are College junior Zac Byer and College sophomore Alec Webley.

Webley, after serving his first term on the UA as the Safety, Sustainability and Facilities Committee chairman this past year, made his ambitions clear early on in the process.

During campuswide student government elections, he announced his intent to run for UA chairman if re-elected to the body.

Although Byer did not similarly announce his ambitions, he has prior experience on the UA's executive board. Entering his third year as a UA representative, he is currently the outgoing vice chairman of external affairs.

College junior Lucia Liu and Nursing and Wharton sophomore G.J. Melendez-Torres are both running for executive vice chair.

Liu, who will have served four years on the UA, headed the airport shuttle service, while Melendez-Torres, as a UA volunteer member this past semester, pushed through a number of proposals, such as those regarding minorities in undergraduate education.

Running for the position of vice chair of external affairs are College sophomores Matt Amalfitano, the current Academic Affairs Committee chairman, and Mark Pan, chairman of the UA's first Civic and Community Engagement Committee.

Wharton freshman Faye Cheng currently runs unopposed for secretary, while College junior Sakina Zaidi and Wharton sophomore Ryan Houston are both running for treasurer.

Related StoriesNew student leaders elected - News