For senior Leah Brogan, it will be all about savoring the experience.

When she steps on the track Friday for her final Penn Relays, she will be taking in every moment, realizing they will be her last competing for women's track and field in the storied meet.

"This event has been a hallmark of each of my years here," Brogan said. "It will be a momentous occasion for all seniors. I'm blessed to have so many of them to share this with."

The Penn Relays, which begin tomorrow at Franklin Field, are by their nature very team-oriented. With 13 seniors on the Red and Blue squad, leadership is sure to be an important factor in the Quakers' success this weekend.

Brogan will compete Friday in the 4x1500 Championship of America race. The Toms River, N.J., native has won each of her outdoor events this season, winning the 3,000 meters three times and the 5,000 meters once.

Another person to look out for this weekend will be junior Anna Aagenes, who has also won all of her outdoor events this season and has consistently improved her times at each meet. She set a new personal best of 2:08.80 in the 800 meters in Penn's meet last Saturday against Oxford and Cambridge and qualified to compete in Regional Championships.

According to Brogan, Friday's Sprint Medley Championship of America race will be another extremely exciting contest because of the Quakers' stiff competition. But that doesn't mean their opponents will be easy the rest of the weekend, as the Relays draw participants from around the world.

Having competed Saturday, the Quakers have had little time to rest and prepare, but coach Gwen Harris isn't fazed.

"You want to look positively at this weekend and put together teams that are going to be successful," Harris said. "We want to run some pretty good times in all relays and prepare ourselves for Heptagonals."

The Heptagonal Championships, which is basically the Ivy League Championship, will take place May 9 and 10 at Franklin Field. Last year the Quakers finished in sixth place.

The Quakers will be using the Penn Relays as grounding for that final event, but they will be sure not to forget to live in the moment. Penn Relays only occur once a year, and for many of the women, this will be their last.

"Spring Fling was this past weekend, and everyone on campus looks forward to it," Brogan said. "Penn Relays are sort of like the track team's Spring Fling. We all look forward to it."