Cold, rainy weather getting you down? Then imagine this: the salty air of the Mediterranean Sea, with the smooth sounds of a classical guitar and a robust voice in the background. Add in some of the world's most renowned works of art, and opa! You have the Philadelphia Museum of Art's Friday affair.

"Art After 5: Mediterranean Night" is part of a series of events that occur every Friday evening at the PMA. "It's a great way to welcome the weekend because it is always a lot of fun. Good music, good food, a cheerful and friendly crowd," said Wallis Urmenyhazi, one of the Mediterranean Night coordinators.

Tonight, the program is sponsored by the Turkish American Friendship Society of the U.S., in collaboration with the Middle East Center at Penn. Music and food from Turkey, Greece and Italy will make up this vibrant night.

Two live bands - DisCanto and Animus - will be performing in the Great Stairs Hall.

DisCanto will perform first from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. Consisting of five talented musicians, the band "combines the lyrics and expressions of Abruzzese vocal traditions of central Italy with guitar, mandolin, violin, cello, accordion and traditional Italian bagpipes," the PMA's Web site said.

Philadelphia-based Animus fuses world music and dance freely in an iconic American city. Though they cite Middle Eastern, Spanish, Indian and African music as some of their influences on their Web site, they will be focusing more on Turkish and Greek music for tonight. The band will play from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.

In addition to the entrancing music, there will also be Ebru - traditional Turkish marbling - demonstrations provided by artist and teacher Richard Aldorasi throughout the entire evening.

Discover new sounds, try exotic flavors and finally find that Monet painting you've been meaning to see.

Access to the event is free with the purchase of admission to the museum, which is $14 for adults and $10 for students with a valid ID.