Penn President Amy Gutmann and her husband, Columbia law professor Michael Doyle, have made a $100,000 contribution toward undergraduate resources at Penn.

The donation will be split between the Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships and the senior-class gift program.

"More students than ever are pursuing their passion for research, and CURF is the place where they go," she said. "Michael and I are delighted to both fuel [students'] passion and to fund it."

Gutmann will donate one dollar for every student who contributes to the senior-class gift fund, meaning she could give up to $2,400 to Seniors for The Penn Fund.

After being named an honorary member of the class of 2008 last year, Gutmann made a similar pledge to that class.

"It was only fair to continue the challenge to make it possible for this year's class to compete on a level playing field, and I'm going to continue to make that challenge" for successive classes, she said.

The rest will go toward CURF.

"Dr. Gutmann is not only a leader and avid supporter of Seniors for The Penn fund but is also a true investor in its success," senior class president Brett Perlmutter said in a statement.

This contribution brings Gutmann and Doyle's donation total to $250,000. They have also endowed a scholarship for a Penn student.