The Undergraduate Assembly held its first meeting of the spring semester last Sunday night in Houston Hall, updating members on a number of ongoing issues and proposals and introducing new business.

As is traditionally the case, the UA hopes to bring to fruition this semester many of the projects and proposals initiated during the fall.

Some major topics of discussion included:

n The UA announced that the pilot program of its recently passed Sister Hall Policy, which aims to improve the experience of incoming freshmen by increasing inter-house social activity, will go into action next fall.

n Acting on its recently passed Printing Proposal, the UA is working with the University to provide students with a designated amount of money on their PennCards to use for free printing on campus.

n Members passed the Sustainability Proposal, put forth by College junior and Daily Pennsylvanian columnist Lisa Zhu and College senior Sarah Abroms, the Facilities and Campus Planning Committee co-chairs.

The proposal was a response to the lack of action on the part of the University since President Gutmann signed the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment, which pledged to create an action plan by 2009 for a carbon-neutral Penn.

It aims to persuade the University to step up its efforts by hiring a sustainability coordinator to spearhead the Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee, by promoting discussion of environmental activities in academic courses and by incorporating student suggestions and involvement into ESAC's green initiatives. The proposal also encourages Penn students and alumni to take various steps towards greener living.

n Wharton sophomore Ankit Dhir and College freshman Grant Dobler were elected to the University Council after two former UC members gave up their seats due to scheduling conflicts.

n Next Sunday's UA meeting was rescheduled to take place at 1:30 p.m. in the Ben Franklin room of Houston Hall to avoid conflicts with the Super Bowl.