Trinity's men's squash team came to Penn Friday night boasting the No. 1 national ranking and the nation's longest winning streak of any college sport. The Bantams last lost in February 1998, seven months before Google was incorporated and ten months before then-President Bill Clinton was impeached.

This weekend was no different, as Trinity left Philadelphia with another notch on its belt.

In a blur of matches at Ringe Courts, the Bantams mowed down the No. 9 Quakers one after the other, losing only one game en route to a 9-0 victory.

"When you play someone who's a couple spots higher than you in just about every position, it's tough to compete against because you're always under pressure," said Penn head coach Craig Thorpe-Clark.

"[The Bantams] have a lot of international experience. They're very strong."

The Quakers' loss snaps a five-match win-streak and extends the Bantams' streak to 174.

Trying to glean some positives from the match, Thorpe-Clark pointed to the superlative effort of his two senior captains Ryan Rayfield and Lee Rosen.

"Obviously, Ryan Rayfield played very tough, winning the second game in his match and being close in the third," said Thorpe-Clark.

Rayfield, playing at the No. 8 spot, was the only Penn player to win a game.

"He just made some tactical errors at wrong points and wrong times in the game that probably cost him the momentum," added Thorpe-Clark.

Rosen, meanwhile, was locked in a dogfight while playing at the No. 1 spot. In the third game, Rosen turned a 8-3 deficit into a 9-8 lead but ultimately lost, 10-9.

"You know when you get down into survival mode, you just give it all you got - what I probably should have done the whole match," said Rosen, who noted that his squad was realistic about facing the Trinity juggernaut.

"You have nothing to lose. It's fun. I like playing teams that haven't lost in nine years and players who are some of the best in the country."

The Bantams seem well on their way to a ninth consecutive undefeated season and tenth national championship.

On the other hand, the Quakers will take the courts at Ringe on Tuesday with a bit more wisdom from their coach and their latest match experience.

"We've got to play with a little more confidence, like we belong out there no matter who we're playing," said Thorpe-Clark.

"We both start at love-all at the same time. We all play the same shots, but theirs are always just a little tighter."

The Quakers need to tighten up soon if they are to stay above the .500 mark this season.