Nearly a dozen Drexel University students have been robbed just north of the school's campus over the last month, though Philadelphia Police arrested one juvenile male Friday who is linked to some of the muggings.

There have been a total of 11 robberies between Market and Spring Garden streets and between 31st and 36th streets since October, Philadelphia Police Sgt. Charles Layton said. Seven victims were robbed at gunpoint and the other four were robbed at knife point.

No one has been injured in any of the robberies.

All of the victims have been Drexel students walking alone between 10:00 p.m. and midnight.

Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said that security on the Market Street border of Penn's campus has been reinforced to make sure the pattern does not migrate south to Penn.

She added that the University is "doing whatever we can to help" Drexel safety officials.

The 17-year-old male arrested Friday has been linked to at least three of the robberies. He, along with five other teens, is suspected to have been involved with all seven of the gunpoint robberies, but authorities have not yet charged him in connection with the other four incidents.

Layton said police were extremely close to tracking down the other teenagers believed to be involved in the robberies.

Upon arresting the boy at his house on the 600 block of N. 35th Street, police found identification cards from some of the victims and a glue gun that police suspect was used in the hold-ups.

Police have also issued a warrant for the arrest of Bernard Johnson, a homeless man, in connection with two of the robberies at knife point, though they suspect he was involved in all four of the knife-point robberies.

Drexel's Public Safety issued two safety alerts in October, and officials said no robberies have occurred since November 2.

Despite the incidents, many Drexel students remain confident about their safety.

"The robberies I've heard about have taken place in areas where people really shouldn't have been, where they tell us not to go," said Drexel freshman Amanda Hernandez. "That isn't really Public Safety's fault."

Another Drexel student, junior Alyssa Wilson, said she had not really heard much about the robberies. She said that she feels safe walking around campus and has never asked for any assistance from Public Safety officials or escorts during her years at Drexel.