Two men have been charged in relation to the stabbing of College junior Gregory Jones that occurred at an off-campus party early Sunday morning.

Brian Daniele, 19, and Sean Mehaffey, 20, were charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, possession of an instrument of crime and other related charges. They are both from Harleysville, Pa., which is approximately 30 miles north of Philadelphia.

Daniele and Mehaffey were with three other men from Harleysville at the party held at 4036 Locust St. when the stabbing occurred. University of Pennsylvania Police Department officials did not know why the men were at the party.

A detective in the Southwest Division of the Philadelphia Police Department said the three additional men are white males in their early 20s. He believes that the men are no longer in the area.

According to University Police officials and house resident Robyn Bald, the men were causing a disturbance by spraying graffiti in the house.

Jones, a member of the Penn football team, asked them to leave. When they refused to leave, a fight broke out, and Jones was stabbed several times in the back.

Bald, a College senior, called the police the moment the confrontation turned physical. After Jones was stabbed, the suspects fled the area.

Daniele and Mehaffey were apprehended on the 39th block of Pine Street. Witnesses identified them as the men involved in the incident, and they were taken to the Southwest Detective Division on 55th and Pine streets.

The three men accompanying the offenders were not caught by police on Sunday night. Deputy Chief of Investigations Bill Danks said it is still unclear whether they committed any felony.

Danks added that in all likelihood, the men have gone home to Harleysville and so may never be apprehended. Since the matter is being handled by the Philadelphia Police, University Police will not be pursuing the men any further.

"We don't believe the other three individuals pose any threat to the Penn community," Danks said. "This was an isolated incident, not a group of people stalking the community. To our knowledge, they're not in the area and will not be again."

On Monday, Jones was in "critical but stable condition" at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, according to Vice President of Public Safety Maureen Rush. Hospital officials were unable to provide information about his condition as of yesterday evening.