Coming off its big win at the Towson Invitational, the Penn men's golf team is ready to face the top District II teams at this weekend's Navy Invitational.

This weekend's tournament will be held in Annapolis, Md., on the United States Naval Academy Golf Course. Of the 18 teams scheduled to compete in the event, 15 are district rivals of the Quakers.

"The tournament definitely brings in better competition," Penn coach Heath Davidson said.

This will be the Red and Blue's first opportunity of the spring to see Ivy League-rival Princeton in action.

The Quakers have each worked hard to improve various facets of their game this week in preparation for the Tigers and the rest.

"It's been a little different for each person," Davidson said. "We've been working individually to improve on our mistakes."

Penn has been practicing at its home course -- the Philadelphia Cricket Club -- since Tuesday. The Quakers utilized the short game facility as well as the full course. A focus has been on limiting three putts and on distance control with chipping.

"I think we're looking pretty good; we certainly have some confidence coming off last weekend," Davidson said.

Last weekend Penn beat out 18 teams in brutal weather to capture first place at the Towson Invitational.

The starting five, which proved to be a winning combination last week, will try to repeat its magic. Senior co-captain Chad Perman, senior co-captain Peyton Wallace, senior Endel Liias, junior Adam Squires and freshman Derek Rogers will play 18 holes both tomorrow and Sunday. The lowest four scores of each round will be added together and counted as the team score for that round.

Perman will try to continue the hot streak he has been riding since the fall season. The senior won the individual title at Towson.

Wallace and Rogers also continue to shave strokes off their games and climb toward the top of the leader board.

"Hopefully our hard work this week will pay off," Davidson said.