Rob Milanese is only 34 yards away from tying the all-time Penn receiving mark and is also only 15 catches away from claiming the all-time reception mark. [Will Burhop/DP File Photo]

Rob Milanese is hoping to do it for the little guys this Saturday.

You know the story... The undersized athletes. The ones who were told they were too small to succeed in intercollegiate athletics.

Rob Milanese is getting ready to laugh at all the doubters, all the way to the Penn career receiving record.

After four catches for 88 yards last week at Lafayette, 34 yards is all that separates Milanese from Penn career yards receiving record holder Don Clune.

And he needs your help to get there.

Milanese's ascent to the top of the Penn records books has been a long, but steady climb.

Three different quarterbacks have come and gone from center since the fifth-year senior began lining up on the flanks of Franklin Field.

First up was Matt Rader, a good quarterback. Then came heralded Northwestern transfer, Gavin Hoffman, an even better quarterback. Now the man taking the snaps in Mike Mitchell, whose legacy at Penn has yet to be created.

While Milanese -- who redshirted his first year at Penn -- never caught a pass from Rader he's had the privilege of being the top target of the Quakers' past two signal callers.

And Penn has been all the better for it.

In the past three seasons, the wide receiver -- who first learned to catch touchdown passes from son of legendary Giants quarterback and current Universiy of Texas quarterback Chris Simms -- has hauled in 13 touchdowns for the Quakers' offense.

Not ready to root on Rob just yet?

Milanese has also caught 185 balls, good for second all-time on the Quakers receiving list.

Milanese trails only Miles Macik (1993-1995), the same wideout whom he passed last week on his way to the No. 2 spot in total receiving yards.

Oh, and about that receiving record.

This weekend -- the Quakers' home opener-- seems to be the perfect time for a Rob Milanese coronation ceremony.

If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, this is now your turn. Freshmen who have been itching to throw toast all summer, this is your chance. Returning toast hurlers, this is yours too.

Let me warn you, it's not going to be all that easy for Milanese. Penn's opponent on Saturday is none other than Division I-AA powerhouse, No. 4 Lehigh.

Lehigh, winners of 26 straight. Lehigh, which is 45-1 over the past four seasons. Lehigh, which is just two games removed from a 69-0 demolition of Georgetown.

But given Milanese's career history against the Engineers, there stands reason to believe that this is the game to get it done.

In 2000, in Milanese's only game against the Engineers, he caught 13 balls -- setting a Penn team record -- and gained 141 yards.

Two years removed from that game, Milanese is hoping to steal the spotlight once again.

This time, he only needs 34 yards.

See you Saturday at 6:30 p.m.