(Penn - 10, Dartmouth - 7)

The two-game losing streak is a thing of the past for the Penn men's lacrosse team.

After dropping consecutive games to Cornell and Princeton -- the latter an 18-4 thrashing by the Tigers -- the Quakers (6-3, 2-3) took out their frustration on Dartmouth (5-2, 0-1) in a 10-7 win Saturday in Hanover, N.H.

The victory was highlighted by a pair of hat tricks by seniors Scott Solow and Mike Iannacone. Solow, an attacker, increased his team leading total of goals to 14, while the midfielder Iannacone remained hot on his heels with 12.

Dartmouth opened up the scoring as senior Connor Price tallied a goal 2:24 into the game. With less than nine minutes elapsed Dartmouth sophomore Darren Yulfo beat Penn goaltender Ryan Kelly to give the Big Green an early 2-0 lead.

However, the junior goalkeeper -- along with his Penn teammates -- recovered and played with its usual tenacious defense from there on out. Kelly went on to have another stellar performance recording 13 saves on the afternoon, as Penn tightened up and surrendered only two more goals over the next two-and-a half periods. The Quakers went on a 10-2 scoring run during that span.

Meanwhile, on the offensive side of the field junior Will Phillips was getting his teammates involved as the first period wound down.

He assisted on goals by Solow and senior attack Peter Scott. Solow's tally with 7.7 seconds remaining in the period tied the score at two.

Iannacone scored 4:59 into the second period off a pass from Solow during a one-minute man up situation. The goal gave Penn its first lead of the game, 3-2.

However, the Big Green struck right back, as less than three minutes later Casey Burlage received a feed from Justine Weinstein and beat Kelly to even the score at three.

But Penn quickly responded as Iannacone notched his second goal of the game and Alex Kopicki also scored to give Penn a 5-3 halftime advantage.

The momentum remained in the Quakers' favor entering the third period as Scott scored his second goal of the game, and junior midfielder Jake Martin put one past Dartmouth goaltender Mike Gaultmade as well, giving Penn a 7-3 lead.

The Quakers pushed their lead to 10-4 with 8:33 remaining in the match, with Iannacone and Solow each finishing off their hat tricks.

But, then Dartmouth made its customary late push.

After tying each of its previous two games late in regulation before winning them in overtime, the Big Green scored three straight fourth quarter goals to cut the Quakers lead to 10-7 with 1:17 remaining.

However, it proved to be too little to late, as Kelly came up huge for the Quakers during the Big Green's seven-minute flurry, making seven of his 13 saves during that span.

But on this day in New Hampshire one goalie playing well was not enough for the Red and Blue, as Kelly received a cross checking penalty with 41 seconds remaining in the game.

Enter backup Denis Cole, a freshman getting a rare fourth quarter minute.

He took advantage of his moment in the spotlight as he stopped Dartmouth's Ben Grinnel, who had scored twice for the Big Green during their furious comeback, ensuring the victory for the Quakers.