In what may be a fortuitous twist for the Ivy title hopes of the Penn men's basketball team, the defending Ancient Eight champions Princeton(6-7, 2-0 Ivy League) suffered a critical blow on Monday.

Following extensive MRI testing, it was determined that Tigers' leading-scorer Andre Logan will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.

After landing awkwardly on his left knee during the first half of Princeton's win over Harvard on Friday night, Logan was forced to leave the game.

Monday's diagnosis confirmed the Tigers' biggest fear.

The 6-foot-7 Logan began his freshman campaign projected to sit on the Princeton's bench with an experienced Tigers' frontcourt slated to play the majority of the time.

After being limited to roughly 10 minutes per game in the early season, the forward got his big break, however, following a rash of injuries to Princeton's starters.

Logan seized the opportunity when the Tigers traveled to Madison Square Garden to play Penn State on Dec. 26, 2000.

Playing in front of a multitude of local supporters, the Brooklyn, N.Y. native exploded to lead the Tigers with 19 points off the bench.

Though Princeton lost the game by 13, the emerging freshman Logan found himself with a starting job by the time Ivy play began two weeks later.

After starting all 14 Ivy games for the Tigers last season -- he averaged 6.6 points per game in the league contests -- Logan came into his sophomore year poised to play a vital role in Princeton's title defense.

Up until the time of his injury, Logan was averaging 9.3 points per game.

He also ranked second on the team in rebounds(3.9 rebounds per game) and first in field goal percentage (57 percent).

-- Lance Stier