The Penn men's soccer team is having to deal with new situations almost every day this season.

Never before have the Quakers (4-2-1, 1-0 Ivy League) experienced quite so much success. Now it's just a question of what to do with it.

With the strength of a three-game winning streak, the Red and Blue climbed the rankings once again this week, thanks to a sudden-death overtime win over Ivy League foe Cornell.

Penn moved up to the No. 5 position in the NSCAA Mid-Atlantic region poll in the wake of the victory. The Quakers are now tied with Princeton, the only other Ivy team to make the Top 10.

Much of the credit for this new-found success can be attributed to Penn's new players.

Freshman Chris Fisher, who knocked in the game-winning goal against the Big Red, was named the Ivy League's Rookie of the Week for his efforts.

Matt Haefner, a sophomore in his first season as Penn's starting goalie, made the Ivy League Honor Roll for allowing just two goals in the past four games.

Today, at Rhodes Field, the Quakers take on the last of their opponents from the Philadelphia Soccer Seven -- the Philadelphia University Rams (7-4-0).

Penn is currently ranked second in the Soccer Seven, behind neighboring Drexel. The Quakers must beat the Rams in order to move ahead of Drexel and clinch first place.

Philadelphia U. is last in the Soccer Seven standings, with no wins and three losses. However, the Rams (7-4) won their two matches last week against Howard and Bucknell and are ranked No. 9 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Therefore, it is imperative that the Quakers head into today's game with the same mentality as they do with any other opponent.

"We know we can play a lot better," Penn coach Rudy Fuller said. "The tougher games lie ahead and we need to get better if we expect to keep winning."

Today's game will be a good indicator of how Penn handles the glory of its recent victories.

The Red and Blue are currently seeking a happy medium; confidence is crucial, but arrogance could be harmful.

"We don't doubt ourselves," Penn tri-captain John Salvucci said. "But, at the same time, we aren't taking this for granted."