No longer does one select a pair of jeans from the rack for its crispness and depth of color. Gone are the days of chaffing one's way into the perfect fit and fade. Denim has lost its integrity. It is no longer work-wear or play-wear, but some hybrid form of ghetto-fantastic spastic and rodeo-girl rhinestone costume dressing. Here's what ruined jeans forever: the wash. The wash refers to the color, texture, a pre-wear fade. It's what makes a pair of jeans unique and/or trendy, and it ends up costing a lot! Money a customer of course spends in the interest of time. Now one needn't wash one's jeans once a week for two years to get that glorious softness in the knees and crotch, below the buttcheeks and at the hem! But is this really a good thing? People these days are choosing hipness of fade over perfection of fit. Agh! Not only has this new trend in superfabulosity made the jeans tradition obsolete, but it has also made asses look fat. Could there be a bigger sin? Well yes, peddling the Sevens, Juicys, Mavis, Buffalos and Frankie b.'s that have smudged the good names of Levis, Wrangler and Lee right off the denim map. But I would never ask Smith Bros to go to confession over the issue, because now even God is wearing Diesels.