The Zeta Beta Tau fraternity may be forced to go dry for two years due to violations of the University's alcohol and drug policy and dry rush policies, Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Director Scott Reikofski said yesterday. The fraternity is currently in negotiations with OFSA over an agreement. The agreement, which Reikofski hopes will be completed today, is in response to the fraternity's violations of the alcohol and drug policy and the dry rush practices of both the InterFraternity Council and the fraternity's national organization at a January 13 rush event. But the members of ZBT -- located at 235 S. 39th Street -- have yet to agree with all the charges and their potential punishment. "We're making progress in our work with OFSA to reach an agreement," said Engineering senior Joey Levin, the fraternity's public relations director. "However, the length of probation and the potential dry period have not yet been agreed upon." InterFraternity Council President Mark Zimring could not be reached for comment last night. Levin added that he is not sure if the agreement will, in fact, be finalized today. The investigation -- conducted by the Office of Student Conduct and completed about three weeks ago -- was in response to a January 13 complaint by the owner of a billiard hall frequented by ZBT members. The owner claims that the fraternity's conduct resulted in damages to his establishment, according to Reikofski. Reikofski, whose office received the complaint, declined to disclose the establishment's name or comment on the nature of the damages. Members of the fraternity were notified of the investigation when they returned from spring break. They began negotiating an agreement with OFSA two weeks ago, Reikofski said. Reikofski noted that the fraternity does not concur with the owner's claims. Additionally, the fraternity is disputing other aspects of the investigation's findings. "ZBT has acknowledged that they had violated the rush policies," Reikofski said. "[The Office of] Student Conduct says they have also violated the University's alcohol policies and ZBT doesn't agree with that." But Reikofski noted that because the fraternity has agreed to some of the charges, OFSA is continuing with the agreement. "Because they've acknowledged that they violated the rush rules, we are moving forward," he said. Reikofski added that the agreement's completion hinges on "finalizing some language" so that everybody involved is satisfied. In addition to mandating a dry house, the agreement will limit the fraternity's social events and place an emphasis on educational programs, according to Reikofski. The investigation and negotiation processes surrounding ZBT have taken longer than normal because the fraternity does not have a local alumnus of record and therefore communication took place between OFSA and the national. "It takes a lot longer than if we can sit face to face," Reikofski said. Reikofski added that the fraternity has been very involved in the negotiation process has paid special attention to the specifics of the agreement. "The students for the most part have been very interested in paying attention to the details and the language," he said.