It's countdown time to "The Sweetest Fling." With three months left, the Spring Fling Committee got the ball rolling on Fling 2001 with its ceremonial theme selection. And once again, the formal name of Penn's annual spring celebration will resemble a chart-topping pop song. The members of the Social Planning and Events Committee chose "The Sweetest Fling" as the 2001 Spring Fling theme, playing off U2's recent hit, "The Sweetest Thing." Last year, the Fling committee capitalized on Britney Spears' first hit, dubbing Fling 2000 as "Fling Me Baby One More Time." Beating out contenders like "Got Fling?" and "It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Fling," this year's theme gained the approval of the largest Spring Fling committee in SPEC's history. The theme was chosen, in part, for the title's flexibility. "The benefit of the theme is that it won't be limited to a particular genre," said Wharton senior Michelle Von Vital, vice chair of SPEC. "This large group will help promote the creative process of planning," said Wharton junior Kevin Meyers, Spring Fling committee co-chair. "The more open-minded efforts of the committee will allow for more diversity in events of this year's fling." Traditionally intended to be the last hurrah before finals, Spring Fling annually draws thousands of Penn students to a weekend jammed with activities. This year, the celebration falls on April 20 and 21. According to members of the Fling committee, the bands for Fling's annual concert have not yet been booked. The committee would not speculate on possible acts. Past entertainers have included A Tribe Called Quest, Run DMC and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. The Roots and Ben Folds Five shared the stage at last year's concert. The Spring Fling committee will hold a contest for the logo design that will adorn t-shirts and other paraphernalia. The winner will not only will take home $100 but also a free pair of tickets to the weekend's big concert. "Last year's fling was great," Von Vital said. "We have to meet those same high standards." In order to improve upon what planners say is an already great event, the members of the committee are planning some changes that will maximize space around campus to make fling "better, bigger, and grander," Myers said. Most of the activities will take place in the Quad and on Hill Field, as is tradition. But this year the carnival will be moved from Hamilton Village to Wynn Commons and College Green. "The extreme winds that run through Hamilton Village limit what we can do for the carnival," College junior and Fling Co-Director Christina Chiew said in a press release. "Perelman Quad will allow us to have more varied activities than in the past. Wynn Commons will also eliminate the worry of muddy fields and low lighting." "With the momentum that SPEC had had so far this year, with activities such as No Place Like Penn, Politically Incorrect host Bill Maher, and upcoming events for this spring, the momentum will definitely lead into Fling," Meyers said.