A male University student was hit by a car last night while crossing the street outside of the Quadrangle. Third-year Law School student Jorge Salva was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was treated for either a broken wrist or a broken arm, according to conflicting police reports. According to Sgt. Leonard Harrison of the University Police Department, Salva was jaywalking when a vehicle hit him. "[Salva] attempted to cross while the light was red, and he got hit." Harrison said. University Police were called to the Quad, located at 3700 Spruce Street, around 7:50 p.m. to investigate. Harrison did not provide the name of the vehicle's driver or the make of the vehicle, but he said no arrest was made and no charges were filed. "It was just a simple motor vehicle accident," Harrison said. A nurse at HUP's emergency room last night would not give details of Salva's injuries, but confirmed that he was in stable condition and would probably be released from the hospital before this morning. Penn has not seen a serious pedestrian accident in several years. In the fall of 1999, two bicyclists were struck by cars and killed, in separate incidents. In October, 70-year-old Benjamin Tencer was hit by a car while biking through the intersection of 34th and Walnut streets. Tencer, who was taking classes at the University, died three days after the accident. Less than a week after Tencer's death, Wharton freshman Michael Yang was hit by a truck while biking on 33rd and Spruce streets. Yang was pronounced dead at HUP a few hours after the accident. Also in October of 1999, a male University freshman was struck by a car outside the upper Quad gate while crossing Spruce Street. The student was treated at HUP for minor injuries and released the same day. And in November of 1999, an 85-year-old man taking classes at the University was struck by a car while crossing 33rd Street between Spruce and Walnut streets. He sustained minor injuries to his forehand and hand.