According to Democratic vice presidential nominee Joseph Lieberman, the drawn-out legal battle over the presidential election is "the American way." Penn students tend to disagree. Campus supporters of both George W. Bush and Al Gore want the election deadlock to end and a winner declared, but odds of a quick resolution continue to decrease. Yesterday's Florida Supreme Court decision allowed for the controversial manual recounts of the state's ballots to continue, though leaving open the possibility that the state's votes could be certified without using the new numbers. College sophomore Aqsa Khan, who voted for Gore, contends that Bush's campaign caused the stalemate, since the Republicans were the first to go to court over the recounts. "I think it's being dragged on because people are trying to protest [the election process]," Khan said. But Bush supporters blame the recent events on Gore, saying that the vice president should concede. The latest official results in Florida -- where some counties have had as many as four machine recounts -- put Bush ahead of Gore by 300 votes. The vice president is leading the national popular vote by about 200,000 votes. "Bush has won four times already," College junior Andrew Hendler said. "It's in Al Gore's best interest to concede." Some contest that Florida's 25 electoral votes -- which will determine the election -- are tainted and uncertain. Lieberman warned yesterday that if a just conclusion is not reached, "this country will go into the new century divided, with a president who does not have the legitimacy of support." But Bush voters doubt that the Texas governor, should he be certified the winner, will have trouble leading the nation. They predict that if Bush wins, his early days in the White House will set the tone for his presidency. "What happens in the first 100 days in office is going to determine the success of his administration," Hendler said. However, some Penn students feel the country will be better served by ensuring the accuracy of votes. "I honestly really don't care [how long this takes], as long as we get a result that most of the people in the U.S. trust," said College sophomore Hannah Chervitz, a Gore voter. "Confidence is more important than timeliness." Still, many Penn students, like most Americans, want the process to end quickly. A recent national poll showed that seven out of 10 respondents believe a winner should be declared once Florida's overseas ballots -- which will be accepted until midnight tonight -- are counted. Meanwhile, Penn students from other countries are baffled at an electoral process some see as antiquated and in dire need of reform. "It's ridiculous and absurd the way they're filing lawsuits and making a big deal about Florida," said College junior Elena Fortes, a Mexican citizen. But a resolution is farther away than originally hoped. "Our opponents on the other side are trying to prolong this as much as possible," Bush running mate Dick Cheney said on Fox News yesterday. But Gore campaign chairman William Daley responded that the Florida recounts are legally valid. "The Florida Supreme Court has spoken; the counts can continue," Daley said. But despite the court ruling, some are beginning to feel that enough is enough. College sophomore Sarah Galbally, who voted for Gore, summed up a lot of people's feelings: "It's getting kind of annoying." The Associated Press contributed to this story.