The Penn men's lacrosse team should visit England more often.

The Quakers -- who finished the 2000 season a disappointing 5-9 overall and 1-5 in Ivy League play -- are nearly finished with their 10-day, five-game trip through the United Kingdom.

So far, the journey's been a rousing success. The Quakers are 4-0 and have outscored their opponents by a combined score of 57-17, a far cry from some of the showings the Red and Blue has had against its most recent stateside opponents.

Two seniors -- attacker Todd Minerley and midfielder Kevin Cadin --ÿseem to have really benefited from their four games on that "blessed plot." Minerley has netted nine goals and made four assists in Europe, while Cadin has scored eight times.

The Quakers first overseas contest was their narrowest victory thus far as they defeated South England Select, 10-9, led by the All-Ivy League Honorable Mention selection Minerley with two goals and one assist. Cadin also added two goals in that effort.

Junior goalie John Carroll split time in the net with sophomore Jim Tyrell, and the two combined for eight saves in the first contest.

The Red and Blue's next three games weren't even close.

In game two, the Quakers whipped the Wales National Team 15-1 behind three goals and one assist from junior Kenny Dixon.

Also getting in on the Quakers scoring fest were senior Brad Bennet, who dumped in three goals, and Minerley and Cadin, each of whom repeated their previous efforts,giving them four goals apiece in the Quakers first two games.

The team then rested while taking a few days to sightsee, before facing the University All-Star team in Manchester last Thursday.

While the team's name was impressive, its output certainly wasn't, as the Quakers trounced the All-Stars, 18-2.

In this one, both Bennet and sophomore attacker John Walsh produced enough scoring to beat Manchester singlehandedly, scoring three goals apiece.

But the Quakers didn't let up, as Minerley and sophomore midfielder Mike Brockaway each piled on with two goals and two assists.

The Quakers then took on the English National Team, who presented only a slightly bigger challenge than the All-Stars.

The Red and Blue dispatched the Nationals 14-5 behind Cadin's trip-high four goals and Carroll's eight saves.

Not to be denied, Minerley fired in another three goals and added an assist, while junior attacker Scott Solow had two goals and an assist of his own. Sophomore goalie Mark Gannon made five fourth quarter saves to secure the win.

The Quakers big adventure in England will wrap up tomorrow against a tough German National Team, which is reportedly in the race for the European Lacrosse Championship.