Two former Penn men's basketball stars are slowly making names for themselves in the brand new National Rookie League as members of the Philadelphia Force.

In its young, inaugural season, the league has seen very high scores and sparse crowds.

In the Force's first game two weeks ago, they knocked off the Gotham City Knights 110-102, in a comeback win as part of the NRL's kickoff doubleheader in Upper Marlboro, Md.

The two teams met again last Friday night in New York, and this time there was no contest, as the Force dispatched the Knights 120-83.

Both Michael Jordan, last season's Ivy League Player of the Year, and Paul Romanczuk, who graduated in 1999, have had positive impacts on their team.

Jordan started in Friday night's game and dumped in 12 points, all three-pointers. Jordan took seven shots from downtown and hit on four.

The former Quakers star point guard also dished out five assists and grabbed five steals on the night.

Romanczuk, who is still trying to shake off the rust of a year away from the game, came off the bench and contributed 11 points on 7-7 free throw shooting. The forward also pulled down three boards and two assists.

The Force were led by former Temple standout Rasheed Brokenborough. Brokenborough led all scorers with 31 points on 11-17 shooting, including 5-6 from downtown. The ex-Owl also had four rebounds and two assists.

The former college stars are still trying to adjust to the NBA rules -- like the 24-second clock and 12-minute quarters -- that are in full effect in the National Rookie League.

The Force will play their first home games next week at the Community College of Philadelphia.

Next Tuesday brings yet another matchup with the Knights, and an opening act. According to Force Assistant General Manager Ari Johnson, the pre-game festivities will feature an as-yet-unamed rap act.

Next Thursday, the Force will face their first NRL opponent that is not the Knights, as they take on the Baltimore Blaze, also at CCP.

The team has designated Thursday "College Night" and college students can get in for five dollars with a valid student ID.