Wearing sandwich boards with the word "strike" in glaring red letters, unionized truck drivers and warehouse workers for Wawa picketed yesterday across the city, including by the store's two on-campus locations. The Teamsters union that represents Wawa's 268 drivers and warehouse workers began striking late Sunday night after contract negotiations with Wawa management broke down over the issue of overtime pay for work on Sundays. Union officials said that 95 percent of employees rejected the final contract offer on Sunday, two days after the previous contract expired. Picket lines were set up at several stores on Sunday night and expanded to more locations yesterday, Teamsters spokesperson Bob Ryder said. But Wawa quickly obtained an injunction against the union, which bars it from having more than two picketers per store and enjoins those on strikes from coming within 10 feet of the door. As of last night, no additional negotiations were scheduled. Wawa officials said they have stocked the stores in preparation for the strike and plan to remain open. Store employees will continue to work because they are not unionized. "They can be out there for a month or more, we don't care," said Rita Fries, manager of the store at 38th and Spruce streets, adding that the managers are taking care of deliveries in the drivers' place. Several Teamsters were out in front of the Wawa locations at 3604 Chestnut Street and at 3744 Spruce Street yesterday. Bearing signs saying "On Strike," the picketers handed out flyers to passersby and yelled at customers who entered. Teamster Dan Simpson, who was out in front of the Chestnut Street store in the afternoon, said he would strike "for as long as it takes." Picketers yelled derisive remarks about the quality of the food Wawa carries, saying such things as, "There are bugs in the potato salad" and, "The rolls are stale." "It's bulldust," Fries countered. "They're the ones who brought it in before the strike." Wawa's final contract proposal included offering time and a half for work on Sundays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. The union wants time and half for all Sunday hours. Wawa officials maintained that they offered a reasonable deal to the Teamsters. "Wawa is disappointed that [the] union has chosen to strike and have made many concessions in an effort to reach an agreement," the company said in a prepared statement. This marks the first Teamsters strike at Wawa in 97 years. The Teamsters shouting outside the stores did not deter customers from entering. Each location on Penn's campus had a steady flow of customers throughout the day. "I guess young kids don't care anymore," said Simpson, who said he was surprised how many students crossed the picket line. Several students said they regretted crossing the strike but had no where else to shop. "I just walked in. I need drinks," said one student who asked to remain anonymous. The truck drivers deliver to 550 Wawa convenience stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.