Michael yang's family flew in from Egypt for yesterday's service. Though they may not have shared the same language, everyone who attended yesterday's memorial service for 18-year-old Michael Yang did have something in common -- fond memories of the Wharton freshman who died in a bicycle accident on Tuesday. Nearly 75 friends and family members gathered yesterday afternoon at the Keeho Kim Funeral Home in the Olney section of Philadelphia to honor the memory of Yang, an international student from Korea. Pastor Dae Ho Lee led the one-hour ceremony, which was conducted almost entirely in Korean and combined songs, prayers and a eulogy. Yang's mother, father and younger brother, who traveled from their home in Cairo, Egypt, to attend the service, did not speak. The body rested at the front of the small hall in an open casket, with a wooden cross above and a large picture and flower bouquets to the side. Yang was killed Tuesday while riding his bicycle near the intersection of 33rd and Spruce streets. His bike collided with a large truck and he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Towards the end of the ceremony, Lee explained in English that Yang's body would be transported back to Korea, where he would be laid to rest next to his grandfather. Lee said that his family would then return to Egypt. The popular Yang, who barely had a chance to experience his new life at Penn, was honored by a large contingent of students, including friends from his Hill College House residence and fellow crew team members. Hill House provided transportation to the funeral home. Associate Vice Provost for University Life Juana Lewis, University Chaplain William Gipson, Hill House Faculty Master Jim O'Donnell, Hill House Dean Amy Pollock and representatives from International House and the Wharton School were also present. At the close of the service, guests were invited to walk by the casket to pay their final respects. Members of Yang's family stood in a line to shake hands with or to embrace those passing. Yang's mother, who was crying for a large portion of the ceremony, kneeled beside the large photograph of her son and kissed it several times. Afterwards, outside the funeral home, Lewis commended the Yang family for choosing to have a funeral ceremony with the Penn community in mind -- a decision she said was made because the Yangs knew "their son made a life here." "This is what the family's wishes were, which is incredible because it really was for us," Lewis said, describing herself as "overwhelmed" by the gesture. Lewis, who is handling almost all aspects of the tragedy for the University, said that members of the Yang family arrived from Egypt shortly before 11 a.m. yesterday and went to Hill House to view Michael's room and belongings. The Office of the Vice Provost for University Life was scheduled to provide informal counseling at Hill House yesterday, Lewis said. In the end, Lewis said that having the funeral in Philadelphia helped provide closure for those here at Penn trying to cope with the sudden and tragic loss. "I think this was very critical and very gracious of the family," Lewis said.