The group will meet again today to discuss possible recommendations for Spring Fling weekend. Though Spring Fling is just days away, the provost-appointed alcohol task force did not pass any resolutions regarding the event at its fourth meeting yesterday evening. The committee -- composed of 14 students and seven faculty members -- has scheduled an extra meeting for today in hopes of generating specific recommendations for the alcohol policies surrounding Fling, which will be held this weekend. Wharton senior and committee member Jeff Snyder, formerly the InterFraternity Council's vice president for rush, said the committee discussed the issues surrounding Fling and "our hope in meeting [Wednesday] is to closely examine Fling and see if the committee can come up with policies for this weekend." IFC Executive Vice President and College junior Andrew Exum said the committee is currently discussing different options for Fling, such as recommending a temporary policy for the weekend to replace the current ban on alcohol or attempting to finalize the committee's long-term alcohol policy -- which is still in the works -- before the weekend. But Exum, a Daily Pennsylvanian columnist, noted that although the group is working on a "great long-term plan, [it is] not sure if it's something we can implement two days before Fling." "There are a lot of dogs in our plan right now that aren't ready to hunt," he said. According to Exum, the committee wants to be careful not to implement the new and permanent alcohol policy before being certain it can work. Provost Robert Barchi stressed that the committee made "substantial progress" yesterday in its discussion about alcohol abuse issues and the temporary ban on alcohol at all registered undergraduate parties. Barchi refused to comment on Spring Fling or the possible outcome of today's meeting. Beyond the discussion of Fling, the task force also contemplated the long-term issues of alcohol abuse on campus and listened to reports from two of the three subcommittees that were created last Thursday to closely examine alcohol issues. The responsibility and accountability subcommittee discussed group versus individual responsibility for alcohol-related incidents, according to Exum. He said the committee suggested the development of consistent disciplinary procedures -- through bodies such as the Office of Student Conduct -- for organizations and individuals involved in alcohol-related incidents. And according to Undergraduate Assembly Vice Chairperson Michael Bassik, a College sophomore, the alcohol abuse subcommittee talked about the "logistics" of registered undergraduate parties -- how to "control drinking at on-campus parties" through measures such as checking for proper identification. The third committee, which is looking at health and safety issues, did not have time to present its report yesterday. University President Judith Rodin approved several committee resolutions after the two task force meetings last week. On Tuesday, Rodin agreed to a resolution allowing student organizations to hold events -- such as fraternity and sorority formals or charity functions -- at off-campus establishments licensed to serve alcohol. And last Thursday, she approved a recommendation permitting Senior Week to continue as scheduled and another on the development of more non-alcoholic programming during Fling.