The task force hopes to have recommendations by the school year's end. With less than two weeks remaining in the school year, the provost-appointed alcohol task force spent last night discussing education programming as part of its ongoing effort to formulate a comprehensive, long-term University alcohol policy. Provost Robert Barchi said after the meeting that it is "certainly within the realm of possibility" that the committee -- composed of 14 students and seven faculty members -- will make a new policy recommendation to University President Judith Rodin by the end of next week. The committee will meet again tomorrow. In addition to reviewing previous suggestions from its three subcommittees -- including health and safety; responsibility and accountability; and alcohol abuse -- the task force added two new areas of concentration: education and additional social activity. For its discussion of alcohol education, the committee invited health educator and Drug and Alcohol Resource Team Advisor Kate Ward-Gaus to speak for half of the two-hour meeting, according to College senior and task force member Michael Kraver. Kraver added that the group will discuss non-alcoholic social options at tomorrow's meeting. Ward-Gaus talked about already-existing educational programs within the University and about the results of a nationwide college survey showing perceptions about alcohol use on campus, according to incoming Undergraduate Assembly Treasurer Michael Bassik, a College sophomore. Bassik added that Ward-Gaus presented possible alcohol education expansion plans, including health links within the college house system which would operate like the current information technology advisor program. Besides concentrating on education, last night's committee meeting progressed on its recommendations for responsibility and accountability. Bassik said the group decided that health and welfare should be the priorities of this focus area, explaining that in the future multiple alcohol citations may force students to obtain more counseling -- not just pay higher fines. Outgoing UA Chairperson and task force member Bill Conway said the committee discussed mandatory classes as part of its policy though "nobody was really in favor" of instituting such a measure. "We made a lot of progress," the Wharton junior commented, adding the the draft will not be passed on to Rodin until the committee feels "comfortable with it." Panhellenic Council President Becca Iverson, who also sits on the task force, echoed Conway's optimism regarding the policy-making process. "We are committed to coming out with a recommendation to President Rodin by the time we leave school," the College junior said. Citing plans for the next meeting's agenda, Iverson said that additional non-alcoholic activities will be discussed as "fun and acceptable" parts of a changing campus culture and not as "alternatives."