The Penn basketball team and a smattering of lucky fans may have been away at Princeton last night, but the Palestra certainly felt just like home as its rafters echoed with the chant of "Ivy Champs." With less than two minutes to go in the game, the south stands of the Palestra were near capacity with 1,250 raucous members of the Quakers faithful. They cheered their hearts out as the 16' by 20' television screen showed the final images of Penn's stirring 73-48 slaying of the Tigers. "The atmosphere was electric," College senior Dave Futer said. "I can graduate a free man." Students roundly cheered the Athletic Department and the host of other University groups that organized last night's showing of the game on a closed-circuit feed from Princeton's Jadwin Gymnasium. "I think that the Athletic Department showed real class by putting this together," College senior Jake Wilson said. "They made the best of a tough situation where many people just couldn't get tickets." Students who expected a 27" screen and a big bowl of snacks were pleasantly surprised by the job done by the Athletic Department, the Office of Alumni Relations and others. "We brought state-of-the-art equipment in here," Director of Athletic Facilities and Operations Dave Bryan said. "That is an expensive screen, so there are obvious safety and security concerns, but if the students are enjoying it, then we've done our job." Safety and security were certainly top priorities for the event's organizers. The nets of the Palestra baskets were taken down before the game to ensure that there would be no mad rush to cut them down after a Red and Blue victory. Personnel on hand were also instructed to make sure that nobody rushed the court, according to a security guard at the event. The Palestra's public address announcer drove this point home. "Please do not go on to the playing floor," he constantly stressed. Granted, safety was a concern. Still, preserving the game-like atmosphere of the Palestra was what came through most clearly. "The spirit was all there," Engineering sophomore Nadav Besner said. The University did more than just go the extra mile in renting the crisp and clean screen. The scoreboards were kept on and the game ended with a solid, albeit low-key, version of "The Red and Blue." Another nice touch was the preservation of the Quakers tradition of throwing out T-shirts after every Penn three-pointer and slam dunk. "I think the fans reacted well," College senior Nathan Thompson said. "They were cheering as if the team could hear." The 1,250 in attendance demonstrated the spirit of Quakers fans. Their team might have been miles away, but they still cried for "Defense" and waved wildly while the Tigers took free throws. And they all celebrated when Princeton forward Gabe Lewullis sat on the bench with his head buried in his hands as the clock wound down on his college career. After a week where the Athletic Department received ample criticism for their Princeton ticket policy, they can now revel in at least one job well done.